The second generation of Immunocal
Immunocal Platinum has all the goodness found in Immunocal with two additional components added: CMP™† and RMF.
With CMP™† (Cytokine Modulating Proteins)
Cytokines are small biologically active proteins that act as signals in the immune system to regulate inflammation.*
†CMP is a trademark of Glanbia LLC.
With RMF (Redox Modulating Formula)
RMF includes a proprietary blend of citrate minerals, which help to lower acidity levels in the body and serve to support its natural pH balance.*
RMF's inclusion of creatine helps to maintain proper muscle function.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Serving size: 1 pouch (12.5 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Calories 40|
|Total Carbohydrate 0 g||0%|
|Total Fat 0 g||0%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Calcium 132 mg||13%|
|Magnesium 78 mg||20%|
|Sodium 150 mg||6%|
|Potassium 200 mg||6%|
|Creatine 400 mg||**|
Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C and iron.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Daily Value not established.
Ingredients per pouch:
Whey Protein Isolate, Creatine (monohydrate), Potassium (citrate), Sodium (citrate), Calcium (citrate), Magnesium (citrate) and Citric Acid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Immunocal has been Immunotec’s flagship product for years. Immunocals’ action is based on the benefits of raising glutathione. The wealth of research on glutathione and the aging process speaks for itself. What is it about the “Platinum” formulation that takes this a step further? Let’s examine this closer.
The major impact on your health that Immunocal bestows is by providing the building blocks or “precursors” for your cells to be able to make glutathione. This is a technology that we continue to refine. In the development of Immunocal Platinum, we have looked very carefully both at protein metabolism and at potential components of whey proteins that relate to aging. Two separate formulations have been added to Immunocal – CMP™* and RMF.
CMP (Cytokine Modulating Peptides)
Cytokines are little molecules that the immune system uses to regulate inflammation. Inflammation plays a role not only in issues like aches and pains, but also in cardiovascular and neurological health. Inflammation has been pointed to as one of the key factors driving the aging process. What CMP does, is “turn down the volume” on these cytokines.
*CMP is a trademark of Glanbia LLC.
RMF (Redox Modulating Formula)
RMF is an exclusive development from Immunotec’s research and development team mastered by Dr. Wulf Dröge. The major objective here was to decrease the amount of acid formed in the body (important to the kidneys), and as a second benefit, reduces the amount of calcium lost (important in bone health).
Who should take Platinum?
Although it was initially developed with the “Baby-Boomers” and geriatric populations in mind, it became clear that there were benefits for overweight individuals, athletic individuals, people with circulation challenges and others. Certainly, Immunocal has proven benefits for all these groups, but Platinum represents the next generation in immune enhancement. The recommended serving size is unchanged from Immunocal and it can be combined with Immunocal as desired.
Turn a triple into a HOME RUN!
Immunocal Platinum provides a triple action on your immune health – Raising glutathione represents Preventative immunity, the cytokine modulating proteins representing Reparative Immunity. Attention to the proper acid-base balance helps lead to Sustained Immunity. Turn this triple into a homer by topping it off with the other supplements your health professional may recommend to you!
Glutathione is an essential component of your cells, with low glutathione levels, cells cannot perform many of their functions properly. Although glutathione functions in dozens of roles in our metabolism, the major functions can be summarized in four areas:
- It is the major antioxidant produced by the body. Antioxidants such as vitamins C or E cannot be made by your body and in fact could not work properly if glutathione were not present.
- Our immune systems depend on a steady supply of glutathione. Without it, our immune defenses become weakened.
- It is important in detoxifying many substances including heavy metals, breakdown products of cigarettes and automobile exhaust, many cancer-causing agents, and a multitude of pollutants and toxins we encounter on a daily basis.
- The major source of energy produced in our cells is derived from tiny structures called mitochondria. These mitochondria would literally burn up without the presence of glutathione.
|Pediatric Immunocal dose by approximate weight of child|
|Weight (lbs)||Weight (kg)||Dose (pouch)||Dose (g)||Dose (ml)||Dose (Tbs)||Dose (Tsp)|
The proteins in Immunocal are very fragile. Do not heat this product or add it to hot liquids. Do not use a high-powered blender to mix. Heat and severe mechanical action will break down the protein and diminish the usefulness of the product.
Immunocal is a dehydrated powder. It must be rehydrated with liquids before use. If left standing too long after mixing, the usefulness of the product may be reduced. It is generally recommended to consume the product within 30 minutes of mixing. Special low-speed blenders or mixing cups can be made available through Immunotec Inc.’s distribution networks.
Using the Immunotec hand mixer:
- Fill a glass or container with 180-240 ml (6-8 oz) of your favorite juice or liquid*. Add Immunocal - you'll find it easiest to first squeeze the pouch to fit the container - and mix until blended.
Using the Immunotec shaker:
- Pour 60 ml (2 oz) of liquid to the fill line. Add 1-2 pouches of Immunocal. Seal and shake for 10-15 seconds. Add more liquid and drink immediately.
Or choose an alternative method that suits your personal preferences and lifestyle:
- Empty one pouch of product into a small container, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite juice or liquid and make a gravy-like paste. Add 180-240 ml (6-8 oz) of juice or liquid, stir and drink.
- Add the product to applesauce or yogurt.